Monday, September 26, 2011

True Disciple


Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me."
Matthew 16:24

What a challenging statement Jesus makes to anyone who wishes to be His disciple. If you want to follow Him you must be willing to die to yourself.  You must reject your self-centeredness and become Christ centered. This goes against our nature. It goes against our culture. Jesus is acceptable as long as we can keep on living just the way we always have -- for ourselves. So in light of Jesus' words, we should ask ourselves, "Am I truly His disciple? Am I living for His interests, or am I living for my own?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...