Thursday, March 8, 2012

Patient Silence

"My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation.
Psalm 62:1


The Lord is close to those who are troubled. He will never neglect the one who is in need. But if we are consumed with fretting and worrying about our problems, if we complain to others instead of taking our complaints to the Lord, we will never hear the gentle words of our Savior telling us to cast our burdens upon Him. It is when we wait only on Jesus -- when we remain still and silent -- that we hear Him say, "Come to me. I care for you. My shoulders are broad and I am well-equipped to carry those things that press down upon you like a giant boulder."

"No eloquence in the world is half so full of meaning as the patient silence of a child of God." (Spurgeon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...