Friday, March 9, 2012

Pointing to Jesus

"To You I lift up my eyes, O You who are enthroned in the heavens!" 
Psalm 123:1

Not long after I became a Christian I met a woman who lived and worked in a Northern California Christian camp where my husband and I were vacationing. The camp grounds were covered in pine trees. One day the woman took a break from her work and joined me on the porch of the cabin where we were staying. She talked about her life at the camp, about the beauty around us and, especially, of the magnificent tall pines. "I love the pines," she said, "because they all point to their Maker." I never forgot her comment, nor the joy she took in serving Jesus every day. With her actions and words she pointed people to the Lord -- her Maker -- just as the pines did. Now, years later, I live in the Colorado Rockies with thousands of pine trees around me. When I see them I can't help but remember what that very special woman told me and say to myself, "I love the pines. Because they all point to their Maker." I want to be like that woman and those pines. I want to point others to Jesus. How about you?

2 comments:

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...