Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Am Your God


"Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

I'm currently in a women's Bible study that requires homework every day. I like to work on mine in the early morning. One of this morning's tasks was to personalize a particular scripture. To put my name in place of  the pronouns in the verse. It's an exercise I've done before and its very effective in helping me make God's promises in the Bible mine. Isaiah 41:10 is such a great promise; one that I think we all need to personalize for those times when we are anxious and worried. So play along with me and let's personalize this one together. I'm using the Amplified Bible version so we really get a double whammy impact of this verse. Ready? Let's get started. Wherever there's a blank, put in your name. Say it aloud:

"Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with ________; do not look around _______ in terror and be dismayed, for I am _______'s God. I will strengthen and harden ________  to difficulties, yes, I will help __________; yes, I will hold _______up and retain _________ with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice."

God loves you and wants you to see scripture as much more than words on a page. He wants you to recognize it as His truth and promise to you. He is faithful and will never forsake you. He says to you, "I am your God"





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...