Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Things First

"How blessed is the man who has made the Lord his trust, 
And has not turned to the proud, nor to those who lapse into falsehood."
Psalm 40:4


It's election year here in the United States and the rhetoric is building. I'm not even talking about the candidates. I'm talking about the conversations on Facebook, at the coffee shops and in the grocery store check-out lines. It seems many people have placed their trust in an ideology instead of God. Certainly we should participate in the election process, but to do so and leave God out of the picture will never lead to the blessings He wants to bestow upon our country. The Bible tells us to acknowledge the Lord in everything we do and He will direct the way we should go (Proverbs 3:5-6). "For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:11-13). I wonder what great things would happen in our country if we put first things first. If we humbled ourselves and honestly prayed for God's wisdom before we vote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...