Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mend Your Net

"Going on from there He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and He called them. Immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him."
Matthew 4:21-22


When Jesus called James and John, the fishermen, they were "mending their nets." It is often in the most mundane that Jesus calls us. My late husband's great great grandfather was chopping wood in the back of his parents' home when the Lord called him to become a circuit preacher. He dropped his axe and heeded the Lord's call without hesitation. Throughout our walk with the Lord there may be times when the only task He has for us is to mend our nets. To do only the thing that He's placed before us  -- no matter how simple or mundane -- until He calls us to a greater work. If you are waiting on the Lord with a net in your lap, rejoice. Mend that net and trust that a greater work for you is in His plan.

(Today's devotional is the last entry for Mountain Manna. I want to thank all of you who have followed this devotional blog since I started it just a little over two years ago. Many of you have encouraged me personally, and I appreciate that more than you know. I've enjoyed this journey with you, but all good things must come to an end. I feel the Lord is calling me away from this ministry. I don't know what He has planned for me, so for now I'm just going to mend my own net and wait for Him to show me what's next. 

"The Lord bless you, and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance on you,
And give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26


Remember to keep your eyes on Jesus. -- Nancy)



6 comments:

  1. I will miss your posts, friend! I looked forward to them every morning. God bless you and your next endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. You have been a great source of encouragement to me.

      Delete
  2. I also will miss your daily encouragement and/or pointing me to a better way of thinking about the journey we are on.
    I am thankful I won't have to miss YOU, just your daily morning posts. I love you, my friend!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered Mountain Manna and see that I am here a bit too late, so will checkout your other blog.. This is a lovely post, and spoke to my heart. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God that His word never returns void. Thank you, Jeanne.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...