Sunday, August 19, 2012

Waiting in Hope


"I wait for the Lord, my soul does wait,
And in His word do I hope."
Psalm 130:5

We must wait for the Lord, no matter how long it takes, because His timing is perfect. Is it easy? No, most of the time it isn't easy to wait on the Lord. We tend to fret that He's taking too long to move. But as Peter said, "with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day." God's timeline is much different from ours. And it is the hope we have in His word -- His promises - that sustains us while we wait. Scripture gives us the strength we need to wait. It assures us that God has not forgotten us. In the middle of the night when anxious thoughts keep us awake we can think on familiar verses like Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Praise God that He is a loving Father who has the very best plans for us, and has given us His word to give us hope as we wait on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...